5th Newbold Scout Group HQ (HQ) Hire agreement
The HQ is owned and managed by 5th Newbold Scout Group, hereafter described as The Group.
1. Use of the HQ
Use of the HQ is subject to the following rules and in the case of hirers, to certain standard conditions incorporated in the hiring agreement.
The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Hire Agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything to bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof.
2. Applying to use the HQ
- a) Application for use of the HQ shall be made to The Group and usage of facilities for hirer’s use only with no sub-lettings.
- b) Allocating of hire is at sole discretion of The Group. The right to refuse any application for the use of the HQ facilities is reserved to The Group.
3. Hours of opening
- a) Facilities at the HQ are available for use between the hours of 08.00 – 22.00 Monday to Sundays. In exceptional cases these hours may be extended on application to The Group.
- b) A Nominated representative of The Group will allocate a Key Holder. The Key Holder will unlock the building at the commencement of hire and the building will remain unlocked until the end of the hire period.
- c) The person signing the booking form must be present within the building throughout this period. This person is responsible for all persons present and their actions.
- d) The premises must be vacated within 15 minutes of the finish time stated on the booking form. Should this time be exceeded by more than 15 minutes a pro rata charge may be made.
4. Maximum Capacity
The HQ has a maximum capacity of 80 and on no account shall this figure be exceeded. The hirer is responsible to ensure this is the case. Please note seating is provided for 40. If the Hirer requires more seating advanced notice is require and indicated on the booking form.
5. Bookings and Payment
- a) All hire charges must be paid at the time of booking or as least 7 days in advance, PRIOR to hire. Hire times must include set up time and clearing away time.
- b) Block bookers hall hire charges will be invoiced on the first day of each month, in advance. Payment must be made within 7 days of the invoice date and can be paid by cheque or BACS.
- c) In addition to the hire charge a returnable cash deposit of £30 will be requested at the time of booking.
- d) Refund of any deposit is at the discretion of The Group. Deposits will not be refunded in cases of late cancellations, except in exceptional circumstances. Deposits may also be kept if hirers or their guest’s behaviour is considered unreasonable and if terms and conditions are not adhered to.
- e) Deposits can be collected within 3 working days after their function, providing The Group is completely satisfied that conditions of hire have been adhered to. Deposit receipts must be produced when collecting deposits.
- f) Hirers that are working with children and young people, without parents present, must provide current DBS check certificate numbers and the Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children under eight years of age comply with the provisions of The Children Act 1989 and that only fit and proper persons have access to the children.
- g) The Hirer may be required to produce a public liability insurance certificate prior to hire.
- a) A notice period of 14 days is required before a cancellation is made.
- b) The Group reserve the right to cancel the hiring if the hirer breaks any of the conditions of hire.
- c) The Group reserve the right to cancel any booking at its discretion and to change or amend the terms and conditions of hire at any time without prior notice.
- d) The Group reserve the right to close the premises at any time for emergency or periodic maintenance and also when the premises are required for The Groups own use. We will always try to give block bookers a month notice of closure.
- e) All arrangements for the use of the HQ facilities are subject to The Group reserving the right to cancel bookings when the premises are required for other Group purposes use or are rendered unfit for the intended use. Where practically possible notice will be given.
7. Safety Requirements
- a) Nothing shall be done to endanger the users of the building and the policies of insurances relating to it and its contents. In particular:
- b) Obstructions must not be placed in the gangways or exits, nor in front of the emergency exits which must be immediately available for free public egress
- c) Firefighting equipment shall be kept in its proper place and only used for its intended purpose
- e) The fire brigade shall be called to any outbreak of fire by dialling 999 from the nearest telephone followed by the Group Scout Leader on 07813 522168.
- f) Performances involving danger to the public shall not be given
- g) Highly flammable substances shall not be brought into or used in any part of the building
- h) No unauthorised heating appliances shall be used on the premises
- j) All electrical equipment brought onto the premises shall comply with the current Electricity at Work Regulations. Permission from The Group MUST be sort before a hirer can bring in any equipment. Any accidents resulting from equipment brought into the building are responsibility of the hirer.
- k) Authorised staff should be allowed access to inspect the property at any time to ensure that all regulations are complied with.
- l) Children must not be allowed in the kitchen.
No animals (except disability assistance dogs) shall be brought into the premises except with the consent of The Group.
The hirer or person in charge of the activity shall not be under 18 years of age and shall be on the premises for the entire period of the hire or duration of the activity.
10. No Smoking
The Smoking of cigarettes and the smoking of electronic cigarettes is not permitted within the building.
The permission of The Group must be obtained before goods or equipment are left or stored at the HQ, except when The Group has authorised to allow overnight storage of goods and equipment brought to the HQ before a particular event.
Some storage cupboard within the HQ are provided for long term bookings, these belonging must not be interfered with by other users of the HQ. All Items left or stored at the HQ are done so at the hirers own risk and The Group takes no responsibility for any loss or damage.
12. Exclusion of Liability
The Group shall not accept any liability for any loss, damage or theft of HQ Users property and effects. The Group shall not be liable to the HQ User for any loss or damages or breach where such loss or damages or breach is as a result of a failure of the HQ User to comply with its obligations under this Agreement.
13. Car Parking
Cars shall not be parked so as to cause an obstruction at the entrance to or exit from the HQ or obstruction to the surrounding community, including resident’s driveways and parking spaces. Please do not park on the centre area of the bus turn before 7.00pm any evening.
- a) Litter shall not be left in or about the HQ premises. All rubbish to be taken away by hirers.
- b) Hirers are responsible for ensuring that the noise level of their functions is not such as to interfere with other activities within the building nor to cause inconvenience for the occupiers of nearby houses and property.
15. Cleaning and Security
- a) All use of the HQ premises and facilities is subject to the users or hirers accepting responsibility for any damage to the building or fixtures and for reimbursing The Group for any such damage or breakage. This may be taken from the deposit.
- b) All users shall leave the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition and all furniture returned to its start position. The Group reserves the right to make an extra charge if there is cleaning required after a function, this will be taken from the deposit. The Cleaning Operative is authorised to take photographs as evidence if cleaning is required following a booking.
- c) The HQ does not provide any cutlery, cooking equipment or tea towels. Hirers must bring their own.
- d) ALL RUBBISH to be taken away by the hirer.
- e) The floor must be free from dirt or food remnants, a hoover and cleaning equipment is provided please ensure all areas hired are clean including the flushing of all toilets.
- f) The hirer will be responsible for meeting the requirement of the Health and Hygiene requirements of the Rugby Borough Council.
- g) CCTV is on operation in and around the building, requests for footage is subject to a subject access request and may be refused.
Table of Charges for 5th Newbold Scout Group HQ 2019-2020
Rate for Newbold Residents, Scout and Guide Groups
|Room||Hourly||Day/Evening (4 hours)||All Day 7:30am to 5:30pm|
|Main Hall and Kitchen||£20||£60||£130|
Rate for non – Newbold Residents
|Room||Hourly||Day/Evening (4 hours)||All Day 7:30am to 5:30pm|
|Main Hall and Kitchen||£25||£75||£180|
Multiple booking please contact GSL@newboldscouts.com.
Chqs made payable to: 5th Rugby Newbold (Cubs)
Bank Payments: Barclays Bank North Street Rugby
Please note date of booking on Payment and include £30 Deposit